Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How to get feedback without the i-clicker

Poll everywhere is an easy to use web-based application for polling an audience. You type a question, open the poll, and begin receiving responses. This application could be used in large classrooms similar to i-clicker . Students would either need their cell phone to send a text message or their laptop to submit a vote. The following video provides a demonstration of its use. You can also visit their website (Poll Everywhere) for more information.


1 comment:

Rosa said...

My real question about this technology is, how do use it? Not implement, but what does it get you in the classroom? I've never found a time when I wanted to poll students, I guess, but I generally have trouble thinking of ways to acutally apply this whole i-clicker/polling thing... especially in classes under 100 students.